Training Workshop: Managing Stress and Building Resilience in the Workplace
Time & Location
About the Event
We know that stress leads to reduced productivity and, at its most extreme, it can result in absenteeism, grievances and low morale. As HR we champion the message that a happy workforce is a productive one. However, it is not always easy to know who is stressed in our organisations as stress can affect people in different ways and is not always visible. Organisations are often left wondering how they can manage stress and put into place strategies which help manage team dynamics, creating resilience within our workplaces.The HR Solution
Emma O'Connor, Head of Training, together with trainer and author Geraldine Joaquim of Mind Your Business, invite you to join an in-depth and focused session which looks at how we can manage not just our own stress and stressors, but also how we can build resilience into our teams, management standards and HR practices. We will also discuss high level strategies which will enhance your wellbeing initiatives, drive engagement and also productivity.Course Outline
Working in a small focused workshop session, Geraldine will lead a practical and high level discussion covering:
- Impact of stress
- Background and Thriving at Work Report key points
- What is Stress? Untangling stress and mental health
- Stress Response System, SPEAR model to understand how stress works
- The impact sleep has on stress and productivity
- Physical impacts
- How does work affect stress levels?
- The Role of the Manager
- Spotting the signs (disclosed, suspected, non-disclosed issues)
- Practicalities, having a sensible approach
- Creating a Healthier Working Environment for All
- Understanding the core emotional needs
- Developing a framework for discussion (Personal Stress Management Plan), Equalities Act 2010 and common reasonable adjustments
- Practical strategies to build resilience within your teams and businesses
Business owners and leaders, Directors and CEOs, HR Directors and HR Professionals, managers and people leaders, Health and Safety Officers and Managers and Health & Wellbeing Leads/Champions would all benefit from attending this training workshop.
This training workshop can also be run in-house - please speak to us for more details."Very informative. Lots of opportunity to ask questions. Easy to understand" "Emma's presentation style was fantastic/great to have a relaxed & informal style. Emma is incredibly knowledgeable"